Pump / CGM insurance

We are often contacted by people who have been told by their clinic to insure their insulin pump.

Most people have their pump added on to their contents insurance as a “specified item” for all risks. It costs nothing or very little.

However, you should ask your CCG for a certificate of value AND ownership/responsibility. If they are not willing to provide this, then they should not expect you to insure their equipment, and it would be very difficult to make a claim on the insurance. Once you have that, you should be able to get it covered on your household insurance.

We are aware of only one company that offers insulin pump insurance. Run by a pump user’s dad, the policy will protect you from theft, loss or accidental damage, and any claims will not affect your household policy. Visit for more information. ¬†This may well be the quickest way to get your pump replaced if it goes missing – probably much quicker than dealing with your household insurance company or your clinic/CCG.

Please contact INPUT if you have any bad experience with your clinic/CCG and insurance.