Venue: The London Irish Centre, 50-52 Camden Square, London NW1 9XB
Nearest Tube: Camden Town Northern Line (6 minute bus ride / 15 min walk)
Nearest Overground: Camden Road (7 minute walk)
Nearest Buses: 253 from Euston station to Murray Street, 46 from St Pancras & King’s Cross station to Camden Road station (then 7 mins walk), 29 from near Euston station to Murray Street)
Walk in 20 minutes from Kings Cross station
Or a 10-15 minute taxi ride
Join us on Saturday 2nd June 2018 to meet up with others with type 1 diabetes, chat with people with similar interests, share what works for you, and exchange ideas.
The day will include:
- keynote talk by Professor John Pickup, fondly known internationally as the father of insulin pump therapy,
- sessions on access to insulin pump therapy, CGM and Flash glucose monitoring,
- research update by JDRF,
- research update by Dr Monika Reddy from Imperial College London on their BiAP and CGM microneedles projects,
- two viewpoints on DIY closed loop; a looper Alasdair @alternateal and a wait-er Annie @understudypanc
- EversenseXL implanted CGM sensor user experience by Carol @McScatty and Maureen @mcginn_maureen
- small group informal discussions on subjects that interest you.
Expect a day of fun, socialising, sharing and learning.
There will be an exhibition at lunch time including diabetes technology companies and diabetes charities.
Confirmed exhibitors to date: Abbott, Cellnovo, Dexcom, Roche Accu-Chek
Registration fee of £10 per person includes lunch and refreshments
Gluten-free and vegetarian options will be available.
Why not make a weekend of it, book into a hotel, and arrange to go out for the evening with new (or old!) friends?
Suggested hotels include:
Travelodge London Central King’s Cross and nearby Travelodges
Premier Inn London Euston and nearby Premier Inns
Look for locations on the Northern line for other options