Venue: The London Irish Centre, 50-52 Camden Square, London NW1 9XB
Nearest Tube: Camden Town Northern Line (plus 6-minute bus ride / 15 min walk)
Nearest Overground: Camden Road (plus 7-minute walk)
253 from Euston station (stop G) to Murray Street,
390 from King’s Cross station York Way (stop G) to Camden Park Road Cliff Villas (plus 5-minute walk)
Walk in 20 minutes from Kings Cross station
Or a 10-15 minute taxi ride
Join us on Saturday 2nd June 2018 to meet up with others with type 1 diabetes, chat with people with similar interests, share what works for you, and exchange ideas.
The day will include:
- opening address by The Grumpy Pumper
- keynote talk by Professor John Pickup, fondly known internationally as the father of insulin pump therapy,
- research update by Dr Monika Reddy from Imperial College London on their BiAP and CGM microneedles projects,
- small group sessions on access to insulin pump therapy, CGM and Flash glucose monitoring, and informal discussions on EversenseXL implanted CGM sensor user experience by Carol @McScatty & Maureen @mcginn_maureen; talking about complications and other subjects that interest you.
- two viewpoints on DIY closed loop; a looper Alasdair @alternateal and a wait-er Annie @understudypanc
- JDRF research update by Paz Garcia @SciencePaz
After that, we’ll adjourn to The Colonel Fawcett – although some will need to head home.
Expect a day of fun, socialising, sharing and learning.
There will be an exhibition at lunchtime including diabetes technology companies and diabetes charities.
Confirmed exhibitors to date: Abbott, Advanced Therapeutics, Ascensia, Cellnovo, Dexcom, Funky Pumpers, Insulet, Medtronic, Medtrum, Roche Accu-Chek, Ypsomed
Registration fee of £10 per person includes lunch and refreshments
Gluten-free and vegetarian options will be available.
As we now have 11 companies paying generously to exhibit, we will refund your registration fee as long as you turn up! Expect to see your refund through Eventbrite within a few days after 2nd June.
Why not make a weekend of it, book into a hotel, and arrange to go out for the evening with new (or old!) friends?
Suggested hotels include:
Travelodge London Central King’s Cross and nearby Travelodges
Premier Inn London Euston and nearby Premier Inns
Look for locations on the Northern line for other options